DSS hands over 82 Chibok schoolgirls to ministry today

Written by on May 30, 2017

According to Punch, this was revealed to newsmen by the Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed.

The Chibok girls had earlier been allowed by the authorities to meet with their parents amidst joy and celebration.

Reports say the school girls were however not allowed to go home with their families.

According to Mohammed, the Chibok girls have been undergoing treatment and medical tests.

He said “The 82 girls went through medical and mental tests. Some had bullet wounds and their treatment took longer. Now, they have completed all medical procedures and will be handed over to the Federal Ministry of Women Affairs.

“The girls will be taken to a new facility. The old one was basically a medical facility because the purpose was just to examine them and treat them. So, any of them that needs further treatment can continue at the new facility.

Governor Ayo Fayose of Ekiti state has constantly said that President Muhammadu Buhari is using the recent release of 82 Chibok girls to distract Nigerians from his failing health.


Governor Ayo Fayose of Ekiti state has constantly said that President Muhammadu Buhari is using the recent release of 82 Chibok girls to distract Nigerians from his failing health.


Reader's opinions

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


[There are no radio stations in the database]